..Do not let people look down upon you because you are young...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just keep calm and carry on...

It's really hard to get over things that you know shouldn't bother you.
You see, although I can't hold a grudge to save my life, I still have a hard time not letting people get the best of me. I don't want them to get under my skin or act like they bother me because that's what they want. They want a reaction. And the best way to get rid of it, is to ignore it. Push it to the side. Don't let it bother me.
easy right?
um......NO.
It's really hard to play cool and act like everything is just great. because, not everything is great. It's not exactly the most comfortable position when they are throwing things at you and God tells you to just ignore it. Um, hello? I CAN'T! I want to so badly fight back.
But if I did, I wouldn't be any better then them.
I've learned that your goal in life is not to get your value from others. It's not worth it. People change, and they move on when they don't want to be around you anymore.
If I went around trying to get my value from everyone, I'd be an emotional wreck.
Just remember to stay focused on what God has called you to do. And remember He is the only One you should be living for.
If they are your friends, they will stick to you. You don't need to worry about the others!
Just keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment