..Do not let people look down upon you because you are young...

Friday, September 10, 2010

would you do me the honors of courting me my dear...

Ok so I’m pretty sure everyone knows my love for the 1800’s!

AHHH….

Back then seemed so much simpler

My friend Chloe and I were even talking about it today!

“You know you get to wear pretty dresses all the time and the men never cheated on you. And you know…if they did they would get shot!”

She made me laugh but what she meant was kind of true.

I mean now you look at our century and it’s view on love:

Sex.

Sex.

Sex.

Pregnant? Opps.

That practically defines our day in age. Which is kind of disappointing.

Back then they courted women…

WHICH I FIND SO AMAZINGLY ADORABLE! :)

Some may say it’s the same as dating but come on…it was much cuter and polite back then. Now a days it’s lets go to the movies and make out.

Courting someone meant they got to know each other and find out if they were the right wife or husband. And they kept sex out of it till marriages. (well the majority)

I think we should redefine dating. I know not everyone is perfect and I don’t expect everyone to do that. But for me I basically want someone to court me not date me. Dating is overrated.

And yes, I suppose you will read this and think wow Madi you are ridiculous but hey..

Call me old fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment